We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend to always keep that trust. This starts with making sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices regarding your information. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
Who we are?
BUYLIKE aggregates the hottest news every day for entertainment and works
- To join the BUYLIKE network you will create account. You also have the opportunity to provide other details about yourself, but these are optional. Because you control your user profile, these details are available to you at any time by accessing your “Profile” page, which gives you the chance to correct or update (other than your email address and account 's name) your information at any time by just logging in to BUYLIKE.
- For safety and security and to ensure you have the best possible user experience, we require users to verify their accounts and might ask for your phone number. We want to make sure you are not a robot! And we also want to avoid fake BUYLIKE accounts being created which can be used for malicious activities and cyber crime – they threaten the BUYLIKE network and spoil things for everyone. We use a third party provider for account verification who will keep your phone number for up to 90 days for fraud identification purposes. We collect and use your phone number on the basis of our legitimate interests identified above and for the prevention of fraud.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your account details are kept up to date. If your phone number changes, please ensure that you update this in your account.
- To prevent abuse of the app/site, BUYLIKE uses automated decisions to block accounts as part of its anti-spam procedures. In order to do this, our systems check accounts and messages for content that indicates breaches of our Terms and Conditions of Use. If an account or message meets certain criteria that demonstrate that the Terms and Conditions of Use are likely to have been breached, the relevant account will automatically be blocked. All users of accounts that have been blocked will be notified that their account has been blocked and affected users can contact BUYLIKE to contest the decision.
- BUYLIKE also uses automated decisions to prevent fraudulent payment transactions being processed as part of its anti-fraud procedures. In order to do this, our systems check payment transactions for behaviour that indicates breaches of our Terms and Conditions of Use. If a transaction meets certain criteria that demonstrate that the Terms and Conditions of Use are likely to have been breached and the transaction is likely to be fraudulent, the relevant transaction may automatically be blocked. Where a transaction is blocked, the user will be notified that their transaction cannot be processed and affected users can contact BUYLIKE to contest the decision.
What does BUYLIKE collect about me if I use the mobile App?
- When you use your mobile or the desktop application, we will collect information about WiFi access points as well as other location information about your longitude and latitude. That information helps us identify your physical location so that it can be test exactly.
- We, or our third-party advertising partners, may also collect and use your device identifier to serve relevant ads to you through the App.
- If you log into or access BUYLIKE through your Facebook profile, google account, Apple ID..., we may collect data including your email address, name and profile picture, date of birth, a list of your friends who also use the app, pages you have liked, location and photos in order to create and update your BUYLIKE profile.
- If you log into or access BUYLIKE through your Facebook profile, remember to log off Facebook when you leave a device in order to prevent other users from accessing your account.
- What is the legal basis that allows BUYLIKE to use my data? We are only permitted to use your data when we have a lawful basis to do so. The table below provides an overview of the legal bases that BUYLIKE relies on to use your data. Where the legal basis is consent, you can withdraw consent at any time. Where the legal basis is legitimate interests, you have a right to object to our use of your data. We explain in the relevant sections in this privacy notice how you can withdraw consent or opt-out of certain data uses (where applicable).
How long will BUYLIKE keep my data?
- In practice, we delete or anonymise your information upon deletion of your account (following the safety retention window), unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations);
What information does BUYLIKE collect about my friends and contacts?
You can choose to invite your friends to join BUYLIKE to make sure that they also get the benefits of meeting new people. To make it easier to search and find friends and acquaintances on BUYLIKE, users may search for other members by email address.